Lupus and the Cure

One of the truth about Lupus is that it has no cure, at least according to the doctors. So, once you are diagnosed of having Lupus, then you have Lupus forever. The only good thing, still according to the doctors, is that Lupus can be controlled and put-to-sleep.

Lupus Fighter Tours
Just like asthma. If you are diagnosed of having asthma, this diagnosis will stay while you live. However, this illness can also be controlled, but I just don't know if it can be put-to-sleep.

To let you know, when I learned that my real illness is not just an ordinary nephritis but a Lupus-Nephritis, I suddenly felt nervous. I was thinking that that time might be my end, and that I might be leaving my two kids to their father, considering that Lupus really kills.

But it doesn't mean that I am afraid to die because for us, Iglesia Ni Cristo members, death is not a defeat, but it's a win (victory), as if it's the end of the race, and it's making us worthy of the prize. However,  for me, it is sweeter to live longer here on earth along with my family.

Last July 2018, while I was lying in bed in the Divine Word Hospital and my eyes were closed, I talked to God, and asked Him that If I am worthy, I want to live longer so that I may witness my two sons raising their right hands and taking oath to God as real Ministers in the Church of Christ (Iglesia Ni Cristo). And I believe, God has granted my request.

That recent flare-up of Lupus was, I think, very fatal (for me). And by considering my condition at that time and my financial capacity, I can say, I have less than 50 percent survival rate considering that Lupus treatment is expensive, and I almost have no income because my salary is almost gone for my loans. When my husband brought me to the Divine Word Hospital, he only had PhP5,000.00 in his pocket. I couldn't even imagine that from that amount, we spent atleast PhP200,000.00 for the medicine and my confinement in the said Hospital, including the chemotherapy sessions in another hospital (RTR Hospital) in Tacloban City.

 If I am still alive now, it is already a miracle of God, and it's His answer to my prayers. It actually happened because of you, your concern to me, and your generosity. Thank you so much for the concern and support. I will never forget this. I owe you my life.

And I also know, it is God Himself who touched your heart. So, I always thank God for the blessings. That's the reason why I immediately returned to my duties in the church (as Choir Member and Finance Officer) soon as I regained my strength. Besides, God is the only one who can save me from this illness. He is the greatest Doctor. He is our creator. He is almighty. So, He can take away Lupus from me.  So, I need to keep my relationship with God strong.

It might be true that Lupus has no cure, but with God, nothing is impossible.

My Job and My Religion

You might have observed me leaving my work behind just to attend our worship service, church officers meetings and devotional prayers, and other church related activities. I do it not for anyone, but for God our Father. I always make sure that God is the priority in my life.

If you are my immediate head or once an immediate head of me at work, you might experienced being embarrassed of me when I left you (with full of respect) and my work behind for my church duties. I am really sorry for that. But I just needed to do that.

Remember, God is our Father, isn't it? And as a child, I need to follow His will so that I will be worthy of the blessings that I am always asking Him. That's why everything that is for Him is my priority.

You also have nothing to worry of me even if I heard what you had said about me when I left my work just to attend church activities. I really understand. And if you're wondering why I am very confident of doing that without the fear of losing my job, actually, it is because what I am doing is all for God. And besides of doing this for God, I am also well protected by our Constitution.

In the Philippine Constitution, we can read this in Article III, Section 5, saying: "No law shall be made respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. The free exercise and enjoyment of religious profession and worship, without discrimination or preference, shall forever be allowed. No religious test shall be required for the exercise of civil or political rights."

In other words, as a Filipino Citizen and a resident of the Philippines, I am allowed to exercise or practice my belief (religion) without discrimination. I am always allowed to take a leave of absence or under-time, for my church duties. And no one can force me to resign from work by pointing my absences and under-time that I had at work as the basis because what I did is part of my exercise of my religion.

After all, we are in a free country and we are protected by the law.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Itago Mo Ako Sa Iyong Puso

Just want to share this story written by my husband. I found it in his files, and I think it is worth sharing.  ITAGO MO AKO SA IYONG PUSO...